Thursday, August 19, 2010

Tirzah...

Hello, friends!  Today's blog is going to be a little bit different than usual. 
Normally, you are reading about a family pasttime, or Emma, or new things going on in our crazy lives.
Today, I am letting just me come through this posting.

On Monday, a very sweet lady made a comment about a book on facebook.
So I picked it up to read again.

The name of the book is Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers.
It is based on the book of Hosea.
It is more of a modern look into the love pursuit of  God, Hosea and Gomer.
I first read this book when I was 19 or 20, I think.
I desperately needed this book around this time.
I had fallen short and was in a downward spiral that was leading no where good.
I think that at the time I had the selfworth of a squashed ant.
But then, I began reading this book.
I couldn't put it down and it took me a total of 15 hours to read it from cover to cover.
The woman in the story is called several different names throughout the entire story.
Angel, Mara, Sara, and Tirzah is all of them; I think.
For most of the book, I called her Tirzah.

What intrigued me the most was the constant pursuit of Tirzah by both Micheal and God.
Back then, I wanted so bad to be pursued and loved that way.
I had had so many failed relationships both romantic and friendships.
So many things that were failures.
That made me feel like the trash on someone's shoe.
At that point, I felt that forgiveness and love was something that was far out of reach.
But this book helped me see that was all a lie.
And I was really deserving of so much more.

And Tirzah has helped me out not once, but twice.

I was so afraid to marry Brad almost 2 and a half years ago.
I was afraid that because of my past, God would never allow us to be blessed with a family.
And I knew Brad wanted to have a family someday.
And I was terrified I wouldn't be able to give it to him.
So, once again, I picked up Redeeming Love.

Once again, it had renewed and strengthened my faith.
My mentality was not were it should have been which needed to be on God and marrying my best friend.
We finally said our "I Do's".
And then we found out we were going to be parents.
And now, I have Emmaelynn to remind me of God's forgiveness and love.
Because of her, the human side of me was shown that God did love both Brad and I so much,
He blessed us with what we had wanted
Although, He didn't get our memo of our time frame.
Which was fine because at the time, it was what we needed.

I refuse to make this blog a spoiler, so, you should go out and buy, borrow, or do whatever you can
to get your hands on this book.
It is so very much worth the time.

And then, once you have finished that...
you should try
Falling in Love with Jesus by Kathy Troccoli.
It will make you feel like a little girl again.
And make you realize that since you were a little girl, you have always had your prince.
And if you find a husband here on Earth, it is just double the princes!

So there, the nakedness of me on the blog.
Welcome.
And go find the book.

Until Next Time,
TOODLES!!

                                                  the dramaqueen

No comments:

Post a Comment