Sunday, April 11, 2010

No Reservations......(well, maybe a few)

Today, Emma and I sent Brad off to a class in Abilene for a full week.
This is the first time since we have been married that we have been apart for a full week.
So, let me start out by saying, I am not afraid of being alone in a new town, new home, with a 14 month old, and knowing absolutely no one.
That is not what bothers me.  It is missing him.
Before I met Brad, I was on my own with no one to depend on except for my family.
I am EXTREMELY independent. 
(maybe this is where Emma gets it from)
When I lived by myself it was no big deal.  And then I met Brad.
And we got married and then pregnant.
And never until after we were married for about 3 months did we begin to depend on one another.
(well, I will say I because I cannot speak for him...it was then I began to fully depend)
Not until today did I realize how much I am dependent upon Brad.
So, this week, I am reaching back to the person I was before I met my husband and bringing part of her back to get me through this week.
After writing this, I wonder, is this going to be like an on/off switch that will need to be operated every time Brad leaves for a deployment?
Hmmmm....I don't know.  Only time will tell.
But what I do know is; this week, I will make it.
Until next time,

TOODLES!
                                                                         the dramaqueen

No comments:

Post a Comment