Friday, October 8, 2010

Oh Geez

I could not have imagined what kind of a child Brad and I would create.
Amazing isn't it? 
How God takes a little bit of you and a little bit of the one you love to form a cohesive being?
So, now as a parent, I am really thinking these things through.
Because, when we first found out we were expecting, I was still under the influence of the honeymoon.
And now, tonight, the things that could not have been foreseen are shining through!
And I have no power.  Only the power to throw up my hands in surrender and just laugh.

So, back story....

I, as a wonderful child that never did anything wrong in her poor little life, was perfect.

Ok, no really.....true story....

I was and I quote from Mimi, "A bull in a china closet."

And Brad......

And, I have seen home videos of this....
A rough and tough little boy.

So, you might ask yourself where this is all going.

Tonight, after having dinner and bath time, Emma was sitting in the recliner.
She proceeds to start rocking the recliner as hard as she could by leaning up and throwing herself
back as hard as she could against the back of the chair.
While screaming,
"Oh, Woah, Oh Woah, Oh Woah!"
Which Brad and I laughed of course.
Then, later, I was sitting on the couch and the munchkin crawled up and sat next to me.
She waited a few minutes and then sprung into action.
This means she stood up, turned, grabbed my pony tail, and began shaking my head by my hair.
And of course, Brad is rolling at this and I am getting tickled as well.
So, after we got her to let go of my hair.
Brad said this....
"This is our little girl.  Imagine what it will be like when we have a boy..."

Oh Geez.

                                                           the dramaqueen


No comments:

Post a Comment